Monday, January 16, 2006

Blogging and the Armageddon


Well, the tabulas administrator announced that the site will be inaccessible by users for awhile. So there will be no blogging for the meantime. That's why i am here entering anything that comes into my mind right now. hehe. Yes, Stupid actually! As if it is the end of the world and this is my last chance of blogging and publishing on the web boring absurdities in my life.

Speaking of end of the worlds, remember back in the 90's (one of the coolest decades ever!) when prophecies of the Armageddon are all the rage? Well, i just remember myself hearing all of those and recount how it feels to have paroxysms of terror surge through my spine. I remember myself fearing that it would indeed happen and would die without getting the chance of getting laid for the first time. Talk about dying a virgin!? Yes, i know. I was a moron then. I don't know anything better. Though I am ready to die now I guess.


Amazing how rumors like that can break the human spirit. Even the mightiest of all men would go down on their knees and weep, praying for his survival. Recounting the days and months that he has sinned and imagines the terrors that could befall upon him. I remember that a lot of people were tested at that time. The priceless thing is the look on people's faces when nothing happens on D-day. Then a couple of minutes or so, it's back to business. Picking up from where they left off after taking back all the embarassing stuff that they have said and done. And moving on as if nothing happened. Quite reminds me of our politicians actually.

Damn you religious fanatics!! Placing ads on newspapers and some other media that doomsday will come at a certain date at the strike of midnight. Damn gullible people. Believing such absurdities, hiding under the covers at midnight with a rosary in one hand and a sandwich on the other.

Or is it just me?

No comments: