Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A dive into time

Lately, I have been going around Metro Manila with the sole purpose, i guess, is to wear out my feet and my pocket. harhar. Good thing I have my sister to run to in order to score some cash. hehe.

This morning I accompanied my sister to Paco Park to meet her potential florist and event stylist for her wedding. We were forced to catch a bus on the way there, and for the rest of the day: around town, since nobody at home including the author and the supporting character was willing to drive. Heck, we had to settle on commuting. (ang dami kasing kaartehan *wink*)

I couldn't help but notice that for me, riding the bus and walking around Manila is are is like time travel. Manila being a very old place in the Philiipines holding up bottles memories. I have perfumed and bottled memories of my own.

When we boarded the bus at the station, I couldn't help but feel a nauseating pungency of nostalgia. For five years, I had the bus to bring me to and fro school when I was in College. I recalled the different possible scenarios of a trip (weather, number of passengers, driver, etc.). Everything was so familiar yet, distant in the past.

I can still remember the light and airy , yet strong scent of newly switched on airconditioning like what I used to smell when going on field trips back in elementary. Different shapes and faces boarding the vehicle. I remember different chats with people I know to while away those long and arduous trips. How people can become close after a series of bus trips. And of course how I catch up some sleep when I get the bane of voluntary/involuntary insomnia.

I know this is a pointless and boring post but, i just couldn't let it pass. It just made me realize that growing up is inevitable. years before I was reminiscing about high school experience while riding the bus. Now, I reminisce about riding the bus itself. Funny, how life can throw you in different directions and not even noticing it until it is so far away already and you can't fall back anymore.

After paying a visit to dream land during the journey, we got to our destination in one piece. My sister got the deal that she wanted, and i got to take some interesting photographs. though, my camera is a 35mm so I couldn't upload it here till next time.

After that trip down to memory lane. My sister spilled that we had to battle out another one. She took me to Baclaran on a mission, for a gown-hunt. But, that's another story.

No comments: