Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Liberation Front

I finally did it. I am officially a bum.

After days of contemplation, I handed over my resignation to my boss and we parted ways amicably. It seems that I am free to do whatever I want right now. Time to hit my ever growing pile of books and DVD's. One good thing is that I managed to save a little bit of money from my salary that could sustain my bum life for a while.

Bagiuo seems to be a tempting destination for my first adventure as a bum.

And yet reality smacks me in the butt. Sooner or later I would have to reconcile myself back to the already long list of unemployed. Whether I like it or not, I have to acknowledge an already big pile of bills and responsibilities and make sure that it doesn't gather dust by the corner of the dreaded side of reality.

Delusions are nice while they last and it may flit away anytime without prior notice. Thus, I will be going back to the drawing board as mirages of a good life disintegrates into thin air. I might as well savor every second of my pseudoblissful existence.

No comments: