Monday, February 27, 2006

down the dumps, Dreaming and Thumbsucking

Sometimes I just do not know what I want anymore. I do not even know what's good for me either. This situation that I have has put me through a lot of emotional and mental turmoil that I could not even spring back into action. I am in a rut. Seriously.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Soul searching in the Philippines in this day and age is starting to get a little bit challenging. Besides being bombarded with politicians barking at each other like bitches in heat, there is this strong feeling of waning freedom. Prices of basic needs are annoyingly expensive. It is as if you do not have the right to enjoy life anymore. Knowing that, people can't afford to enjoy the bum life anymore(or a pseudo one if you may...), unless you're lucky enough to be born an heir to an empire, and your vocabulary consists only of: shopping, vacation, gimmik, havaiana's, Paris, etc.. You've got your whole life covered.

But, how about those people who are born with only their thumbs to suck? Don't they deserve to get the chance to at least lick the back of a silver spoon? And of course I am off topic again. That's not my point. Let me try it again. Sometimes you have to realize that you need money to get to do whatever you want. People nowadays are feeling the oppression of obligation. Obligation to work. Even artists have to make a living in order to support what they love to do lest they meet their demise. Money seems to control every aspect of our lives. Does freedom have a price now?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sometimes, if you surrender yourself to your imagination, wonders may seem to never cease. Save for you being jolted up into consciousness as reality smites you in the butt. You have quite a good alternative to just hitting youself with a frying pan as you slip away into a comma, braindead. Though, with the day and age we are in right now, being braindead is an understatement.

1 comment:

p said...

one word to describe this post -- surreal. like there's a deeper meaning to all the truth you had writen 'til one finds himself guilty. yes we cannot afford to be braindead anymore. i guess il have to change my name then.