Saturday, April 15, 2006

Does anyone know where they're going?

It is the week of merciless scourging of transgressors, Where filipino religious fanaticism is at its finest, where people label other people hypocrites and in turn call the other faithless waywards. I found myself catching the MRT's last trip to neverwhere. After hours of walking and aimless sauntering with a friend, I got sore feet. Dying to get it back home.

I am surrounded by a pool of empty faces yet full of thoughts. Thoughts of how to get by life, of what to eat the next day, or whatever else i may wonder of them thinking. While I, on the other hand, reflect on my own concept of divinity. It was the holy week after all.

Funny that I realize that every person may have his/her own journey to plan and think of. To be brought together by a single metaphor. Within a train that brings people to their destination. No matter how different our live were, we have a single purpose. To get to where we needed to be.
And how to get there is the challenge. And of course, where to go is the problem. Does anybody know where to go? The holy week is the time for self reflection and discovery. Other absurdities come after. Sometimes we may find our answers. Most of the time we don't. I guess how we find our answers may be part of each person's journey and enjoying that voyage is a necessity. For all we know, the answers we desperately seek may be just under our noses, reeking of its sweet elusive stench. And those answers are not meant to be discovered, but rather yearned.

I dismissed my deepening thoughts as I reached my destination. Setting it aside for another day. Then, my nose twitched.

1 comment:

junosan said...

lol! thanks. start with the basics. hehehehe. i have one new fan of my work. you get VIP status in my exhibits. hehehehe