Wednesday, June 28, 2006

another aimless ramble

It is tough being singled out. Specially when you yourself don't even know where to go or place yourself. A time when you wish you were anywhere but the spotlight. Yet, sometimes, sometime in your life you get this unexpected privelege. It may come from droves of people or it may come from one single soul.

Next thing you know, you are seeing hearts and arrows. You find that Cupid's bow is spinning your mind around. hehe. For the first time in your life you feel like you are something special. Not just a single star drowned out by its neighbors in the galaxy, but a Sun glowing brightly in it's own solar system.

I don't like the attention. I never liked being in the middle of a crazy world. I prefer to be projected as a stoic hermit living inside a cave with a lantern in hand, illuminating his narrow path. I may be like a hermit right now. Since, I have been lodged in the darkness for quite some time now. A swirl of confusion has been my friend, waiting for a ray of light, of clarity, to invade this intimate interaction.

And perhaps, I may be seeing this light of mine slowly integrating into existence. I may have seen this fuel that burns passion. To help me come into my perfect existence, total being. I may have an existing ride in store for me. I better stoke up the fire and bring out the special cutlery and china. Guests will arrive soon.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Enough of that rubbish. I'm just giving my fingers some practice. hehehe.

I have been helping my sister with her wedding preparations and our latest accomplishment would be creating illuminaries for her reception. These small lanterns would be placed along pathways and around the pool. This will give the place an uncharacteristic glow and these things are quite romantic.

And we are proud to say that these things we made are just from scrap. yes, from recycle-able materials:
  • 1.5 liter pepsi bottle (or any other plastic bottle)
  • pebbles/sand from the aquarium or wherever you may find some.
  • tea lights/ or any candle that you may have
  • 1 very sharp cutter
  • 1 pair of heavy duty scissors
You may want to try it yourself for a bit of spice to any deep dull and dark place you may have lying around. hehehe

It may not look so great when you see it, but it would be dark out there right? So, nobody would see the jagged edges and other imperfections. hehehe. It just glows nice. wow... me like pretty, pretty lights... I apologize for low quality sample photos.

No comments: