Monday, September 18, 2006

Fragmented thoughts about last sunday

Yesterday was the first day of my photography workshop. I had to wake up very early in the morning (ungodly hours in my world) since session starts at 9am. And since I am usually a night owl, I was not able to get any sleep. When I was about to doze off into Lala Land the alarm went off. Great. Knowing that it is the first day and a very important part of my life, I just went on without sleep. Imagine me going through the whole day workshop without any sleep, groggy. Imagine a day long lecture. Imagine me in it. Yep, I almost fell off the chair. Luckily the class was very interesting to keep me barely awake.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On my way to the workshop the bus passed by the new School of Design and Arts Building of Benilde due to a surprise detour c/o the Bar Examinees. The segment of Taft avenue in front of La Salle is closed to give way for the law students to lose their wits in. And so I saw this still underconstructed campus. Geez! The building was extremely massive! I couldn't wait to see it finished. It is said that the building would be the most advanced arts building in Asia. (will house a number of theaters, galleries, studios, workrooms and of course, classrooms) Well, yeah I guess there are some exagerrations in the claim, but still it is not impossible, seeing the size of the infrastructure. Even if you combine the main CSB building and Angelo King Center it wouldn't still be enough. And yes, there will be parking! Seeing the still to be finished building made me want to enroll and study there again to just experience the building. Waaaah!!! life is so unfair.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I had to walk through half of intramuros just to get to the workshop venue. I didn't know that the place is a residential area as well. I felt like walking through the streets of tondo. Everybody was alive and noisy like buzzing bees so early in the morning.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

In the workshop, we are a very homogenous group. Each person comes from a very different background and industry. Our ages span from high school to gramps. There is an Indian and 2 Malaysians participating. People from provinces and kikays. oh, There are a handful cuties too. harhar.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

It was very very hot, sunny humid when the workshop started. Then when we were sent out to do some practice shooting the sun bid thee us well and hid behind thick, damp clouds. With occasional lightnings slicing through these symbols of gloom and cleansing. We had to do our assignment shots in a hurry just to beat the rain. We had to compel the mamang kutsero to ride through the corner to take a shot of him moving. We were compelled to pay him Php10 per shot as well. Then we saw a co-classmate shooting another Mr. kutsero for free. Aargh!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dread: it is something you feel when you sense that something nefarious is going to happen. Dread is what we, film users, feel about our roll of film and the thought of seeing how it will turn out next session. The workshop does the processing for us so we have to wait till the next session (after a week) to see the results. Damn digital users and their perks!

1 comment:

junosan said...

well, yeah. You've got a point there.