Thursday, September 21, 2006

rambling on

Due to lack of a travelling companion and for the lack of knowledge of getting to the area and the area itself, I accompanied my sister to Cubao. I am her everlasting slave.

and the ramblings...

I got to ride the MRT again after so many months and it still hasn't lost its charm with me. It is still one of my favorite public transportation. Then we went in Gateway Mall. And Lo and Behold! we are suddenly bombarded with people, with ages ranging from 12 - 21, wearing red. We got annoyed actually, we did not know what was going on. It is as if there was a presidential decree that all shall wear red on that day and everyone conspired against us. What adds to the irateness is that a flow of people in red seems never ending. You see them up and down the escalator. you seem the strolling in droves. (Parang may nag-sabi na last day na ang mag-red nung araw na yun at bawal na siya next day!)

Anyway, Yesterday was my first time checking out the new LRT2. And boy, was it a surprise for me. It was amazing! It is as if you could forget that you were in the grime infested city of Metro Manila and for a second you might mistake it for a train station in Singapore. I might be exaggerating but that was what I felt. Inside the train you could actually feel the difference of temperature. You know that the airconditioning works regardless of how many people are on board or no matter how sunny it is that day. The station itself was cool. I was compelled to take pictures but, thought otherwise. And you buy tickets from a vending machine! The only problem with that would be the machine being bugged and eat your money. Another convenience in public transportation achieved. Though I wonder, does the route the LRT2 service need it? I don't think the area badly needs it. They should contemplate on having something like that to extend up to the south then it would be perfect. And I wonder how long could they make it stay clean and orderly like the way it is now?

My sister expressed her desire to shop for shoes in Marikina Shoe Expo or Cubao X. But, realizing that we are pressed for time that day, we had to tuck it back in our to do list and save it for another day of exploits.

2 comments:

NinayorBegger said...

championship yata ng ncaa. kaya madaming naka-red kasi kasama ang san beda ahahaha...

junosan said...

ay! kaya naman pala! haha. ang kulets! alma mater ko pa man din! siyets!