Thursday, February 23, 2006

caffeine, convenience and the cosmos

Ingrid told me a story about an experience she and her friend, Paola, had with McDonald's coffee. The coffee was so bland they had to pour in instant 3-in-1 coffee mix thingies. Then I made a comment that that is the reason why I only buy coffee from Starbux, Seattle's etc. It is true. Considering they are coffee addicts and all. Those upscale establishments are the only ones who can satisfy their caffeine fixation. And yet they have to retaliate with the "sosyal" angle. And of course, I wouldn't want that to let it pass. So I related that I also buy coffee in ministop since I do not like buying in 711 anymore.

And speaking of buying from 711. Once I tried purchasing a pack of cigs from the nearest 711 store since I ran out of stash during lunch time.
When I got to the counter after minutes of falling in line, they broke the news that they do not have change for my 500 bucks. Like, c'mon... it is just a few hundred bucks. They are located in the middle of Makati's Central Business district and they are telling me they do not have change. Right.

But wait, there's more. They wanted me to purchase other stuff. I smelled conspiracy! I realized that they are virtually mugging me and that ministop has the decency to always have some extra change. That moment I said "nevermind, I'll just go to ministop. They have change there" and the cashier gave me a smirk. Thus, my resolution not to buy from 711 again. Talk about taking out convenience from "convenience store".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Print media has been saying it. Friends have been telling it. Even the conspiratorial forces of the cosmos have been moving in favor of it. Perhaps, it is about time for me to believe it. I am bound to make a career shift. Though it is not clear yet where to move on. I guess I have to roll with the wheel of time as it ticks. Tick tock! One day at a time as they say. I need to patch up some holes and de-tangle some strings.

First step: Summit Media. Then, everything else. Harr...

No comments: