Thursday, February 09, 2006

Kudos to Up Dharma Down


After buying the album fragmented and having listened to it, I knew right there and then that the album would sell like pancakes. And it actually did. The album was sold out on the day it was launched. People were ganging up to buy one that night. Even record stores are noticiong it, a lot of people were asking for their album. The CD's haven't even reached the shelves yet. People are buying it already. It was crazy. Though it is a no brainer why. The band was able to capture people of diverse interests and pin them down with their own style of music.

Before, whenever I talk about them, my friends would just give me a puzzled look and say, "Up Dharma who? are they from UP or something?". I would curse the high heavens for giving me an oh so eccentric interest. Yet, now, The band seems to be all over the place. I now have a hard time in catching up with the latest buzz about them. Even my friends who were clueless before are now devout "dharmalites". I now realize that this band is destined to sweep the country off its feet and bring them together with their brand of music.

With that, I raise my glass and offer a toast to a remarkable band that I happened to get the chance to listen to and be spirited away by their music. Kudos to you guys! Kampai! *clink*

P.S.

If you still don't have a copy of their album, I advise you to run off and buy one or risk missing half of your life.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have been getting a lot of messages from my friends about my name being written in the album's sleeve. Please, stop bugging me. I don't know why either. Though, I only know that Ean is a friend from college. That's it. No special explanations or whatever. I was also surprised when I saw my name there. But, I feel honored all the same to be acknowledged by a talented musician. Lol! grabe! sikat na kayo!

No comments: